Napa

525 North Bay Drive
Napa, CA 94559

Parts: (707) 255-7003
Wholesale: (707) 255-7479
Truck Parts: (707) 255-7000
Fax: (707) 255-2423
Vallejo

3032 Sonoma Blvd
Vallejo, Ca 94590

Parts: (707) 552-4464
Wholesale: (707) 553-1034
Fax: (707) 554-2758

Federal Mogul LogoTruck Pride Logo

About the BWS Family...

BERT WILLIAMS & SONS, INC. started as a one-man shop and garage in the middle months of 1939 by Herbert “Bert” E. Williams. The rent was $35.00 per month including some machines. Electricity but no natural gas. This was in the rear of the old P.M. Quien building next to the Napa River where the Napa Memorial Park is today. Business was slow and one day he took in only 10 cents. With a wife and two children to support he didn’t know whether to keep the doors open or not. When World War II came along, business picked up and by working 10 hour days, 6-7 days a week he accumulated some money.

Bert’s oldest sons, Herbert A.R. Williams went to work for him in August, 1945 after being discharged from the Army. On January 2, 1946, he purchased an old wood framed sheet metal building at 831 First Street. Part of the building was rented to a body shop. By building a wall and ceiling, the parts and machine shop were enclosed.

Some of the very first product lines were Ramco piston rings, Pioneer engine bearings and Victor gaskets.

In 1947, Bert’s youngest son, Arthur E. Williams, came home to work for his father after being discharged from the Army.

Bert Williams died September 16, 1951 from cancer. He worked part-time until six weeks prior to his death.

The firm then consisted of the two sons in parts, the mother as a part-time bookkeeper and an employee in the shop. After a short time, the man in the shop quit. It was then decided to put the next employee in the parts department and Herbert and Arthur into the shop. The new employee was Slim Inghram who was employed by BERT WILLIAMS & SONS for 22 years, until he left to form his own business.

The business grew slowly with practically all profits being put back into inventory and newer machinery. David J. Christofferson came to work for BERT WILLIAMS & SONS on June 9, 1958 as a delivery driver.

BERT WILLIAMS & SONS was incorporated in 1973.

Copyright 2008-2009 Bert Williams & Sons, Inc.